Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

Unfortunately, the Bad News Bears were back in action tonight. I'd blame the rain or the fact that it was a late game -- right around bedtime for some of these kids -- but both teams had to deal with those conditions.

Watching the Orioles out in the field, standing in the light, steady rain, it brought to mind a Peanuts cartoon. I could just see Charlie Brown standing in the pouring rain, mitt in hand, ready to play.

Unfortunately, our guys weren't ready to play -- and didn't seem like they wanted to. But who am I to judge? That's just my observation from the stands.

Of course, at one point I'm yelling at Carter to step closer to the base when he's batting. I turn to the people next to me and say, "I don't care if I'm the yelling mom. If he doesn't listen to the coach, he better listen to me. Unfortunately, he has to live with both of us!"

Ahh, sports. Gotta love 'em!

No comments: