Monday, September 8, 2008

12 Men on the Field

It's taken a few tough "I told you so" lessons, but I finally know better than to talk too much smack before a Packers-Vikings game. Good thing I kept my mouth shut (for the most part) today.

If you've paid attention to the sports media recently, you may have heard they predict the Vikings to do well this year, mainly due to their defense. After seeing something like this in the Sunday paper yesterday, hubby and I said defense is great but the offense has to score points, too, to win some games -- and we can't rely on one man to do it.

Unfortunately, that's how the game went tonight. We weren't even passing until the second half! Don't you think the Pack defense is going to figure out that Adrian Peterson is going to get the ball every play if we at home (in our purple and yellow lounge pants and jerseys) can figure it out from the comfort of our couch? (Sigh...)

And that's not even what bothered me the most. The Packers had 12 men on the field for the entire game -- that is if you count the 11 players plus the ghost of Brett Favre. But that wasn't their fault. Those darn announcers couldn't stop talking about him. How many times did they say his name? I don't know. I lost track after 23. This is the only time I'll say it, but I actually feel sorry for the Packers. They seem ready to move on but the media won't let them.

OK, enough warm fuzzies about the stinkin' Pack. No one's going to feel sorry for me in my purple haze tonight. In fact, I expect the phone to ring at least once yet. My only saving grace is that the game was on ESPN so my analog television parents in the Northwoods didn't get to watch it. I won't have to hear an "I told you so" from LeRoy at least until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're goin' to rot in hell for that comment about your analog parents and LeRoy! too funny, but true!