Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Day of un-Rest

Sunday isn't always a day of rest for our family.

I got up pretty early to go to work and try to catch up on a few things that were neglected Friday while I was off gallivanting in Warrens in search of fun and funnel cakes. I made sure I was home by mid afternoon since I knew we had other plans.

Due to our convenient location in the center of the state, we occasionally get to see friends and family who come to the area for work meetings and conferences. My sister Renell is at a trade show in Wisconsin Dells today through Tuesday. The fun for me was that I got to visit with my sister. The fun for Carter was that she was staying at Kalahari, one of the gigantic indoor water parks down there.

The first sight that greeted us was this little "kitty" that had been at the park for the afternoon. We all got to pet it -- gently on the back -- before it headed home. Big Sweetie!

Carter and Renell were the only ones who went swimming. I know from experience that some of the slides are a bit jarring on my back. Plus my legs were still feeling the impact of all that hiking yesterday. So Renell's friend Bill, Jim and I sat in the poolside TV area and watched sports. (The Twins aren't out of it yet!!)

We went out to eat at the Cracker Barrel and were home by Carter's bedtime. He has to have a book read by Tuesday morning, though, so he is up for a little bit getting some of that read. He thought (and so we thought) he could get it read over the weekend, but I forget he doesn't read as fast as us adults. So I'm thinking Monday will be a reading day. It's not entirely his fault since he couldn't really read while floating around on an inner tube.

Just because Sunday isn't a day of rest for us, doesn't mean it can't be a day of fun. Monday, however, will be a different story...

No comments: