Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just Plugging Along

Cold Front: Since I suffered through the deluge of rain the other night, hubby took Carter to football practice -- the last one before the Rapids Raptors take to the field on Saturday. I am happy for the chance to be home one night, especially a chilly one like this! It's only in the 50s! So while they are away, I have sneaked the furnace on to warm up the house. (Yes, sneaked. I am the wimp around here.) You know me. My electric mattress pad never left the bed this summer (not that I had it on all the time, but enough).

Heart to Heart: Jim's dad is still in the hospital after his quadruple bypass. I guess he's recovering OK. They've had a few things to address but say they are "common" in recovery, so we certainly hope they are! Not sure when he's coming home but we do appreciate the continued good thoughts and prayers.

Can you Hear me Now? One of Carter's requirements in his new independent "home alone for a few hours" stage is that he call to check in. In the morning he is supposed to call at 7:45. Today there were two messages at my desk before I even got there. "Just checking in. Call me." Tonight he called when he got home and said proudly, "I got in the house on the first try!" (Had a few key issues on Tuesday.) I called him when we were en route home and reminded him to get his football gear on. Then he called me right back but I missed the call and was calling him back while he was leaving a voice mail and so on. When I finally heard the voicemail, it said he forgot to tell me some sad news but then it cut out. So I panicked and called home again and finally connected. The sad news? Daunte Culpepper (former Viking quarterback) retired today. Hubby says: "That's why cell phones are stupid!"

Countdown: Three weeks from tonight is the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy! I just remembered I missed the first part of the season finale in May. I wonder if I can get that watched before the boys get home. I won't even need a blanket this time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

50's !! Wow, thats terrible. We had a little cold snap here also - cold front came thru with some rain & dropped the temps into the low 80's

Paul