Thursday, September 25, 2008

Countdown to Fun

Will Derek and Meredith finally live happily ever after? Will George pass his intern exam? Is there a new man for Cristina?

So many questions, so few hours until Grey's!

A bunch of us from work are getting together to watch the "season opener" for Grey's Anatomy tonight. So, using questions sanctioned by my official Grey's Anatomy Trivia Board Game, I have been testing their knowledge throughout the day, emailing questions to see who responds first, who has retained the most "Grey Matter." Yes, I have other work to do and yes, I am getting it done. This just keeps us counting down to the fun!

Some will also be watching Survivor before Grey's so we are bringing treats that reflect either show. I'm bringing my famous Dirt Cake complete with gummy worms (Survivor food, right?). Yummy!

As if a girls' night out isn't enough, I will have a girls' day out tomorrow. I'll be going with a friend of mine and her family to the Warrens Cranberry Festival. What is it and where is it? It's located between Wisconsin Rapids and Tomah and it is a festival with more than 1,300 booths of arts and crafts, antiques, farm produce, you name it.

The only time I went there was 6 years ago when I hosted Wild Women's Weekend and my 6 sisters and I ventured over there. That was quite an event. This was pre-cell phone days, if you can believe it, so we were communicating through walkie-talkies and trying to get a signal, etc. That's all I'm going to say about that. What happens in Warrens, stays in Warrens.

And do I need to shop? No. I told my girlfriend I am bringing my camera. This is one of those "I can make that!" idea shopping ventures where I take pictures of things I could make ... if I had free time and talent, of course. That's part of the fun.

The other part, which goes without saying, is just hanging out with friends and not working. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: