Monday, September 1, 2008

Girls Rule and Boys Drool!

We finished off the summer on a quiet, relaxed note today. Well, except for the sound of smashing egos on the Lasso Golf course. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

We had our friends Mike and Christine over with son Nate, who played baseball with Carter and has had a few play dates this summer (including the fair earlier this weekend). We decided we'd do lunch and then enjoy the sunshine a bit.

Since I am the competitive type (just a teeny bit), I suggested a Lasso Golf tournament. Little Boys against Big Girls and the winner takes on the Big Boys. In the first game, the Girls handily defeated the Little Boys and went onto squeak by the Big Boys, too.

Judging by the photos here and looks of intense concentration on all of their faces, you'd think they would have provided some competition. I guess we just had more finesse and natural talent (and it's such a difficult game!).

In the fight for second place, the Big Boys (who claimed they "threw" our game just so they'd be done and could go inside and watch the Brewers) did defeat the Little Boys. But there were no sore losers. We all got cake and ice cream. (What? You think I'd let summer end without ice cream one more time? At least?)

Our other "treat" today was that we finally got to watch the third Indiana Jones movie -- The Last Crusade. Carter and I were on a mission to watch all three "this summer" after seeing the fourth in theaters. Guess we waited until the last possible day to reach that goal. (Let's not mention those other goals I've ignored.)

My next goal is to get Carter to bed. There is too much excitement in the air the night before school starts! Good thing we can sleep in a little since I'll be staying home long enough to get him on the bus for his first day. Wish us luck!

P.S. Carter said I better mention is was kitty's birthday today, too! Sylvester is 4! She got a new "pet exercise laser light" to chase around and some fresh "kitty pot." Everybody had a good day!

No comments: