Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thoughts on a Thursday...

Writer's Block: I write a weekly column for one of the publications I oversee. The other night I had writer's block so I called my parents to ask them about something along a thread of thought I had. It was funny. I talk to my dad since he answers the phone. Then, 10 minutes later, my mom calls back to add her two cents. I told her now I know who to call for inspiration! If my clever, clever mom knew what a blog was, I know she'd be good at it! They'd have to get a computer of course, then the Internet... Well, let's ditch that rotary phone first!

Speaker of the House:
Carter finally got his grade back for his class presentation about himself. The teacher indicated he went slightly over time on the coin discussion and a little off topic but that he had some interesting facts. She also said he had presented with a good voice and display of "confidence and a sense of humor." I don't where he gets that from. His parents are so shy and reserved.

Job Opening: The fifth grade class at Grant Elementary is in charge of the school store. So this week they are filling out job applications for positions there (and classroom ones, too) and will have "interviews" next week. I saw on Carter's that he put organization as one of his skills, citing his schoolwork and his room as examples. I said, "Your room?" He says, "Well Mom, just because my room isn't clean doesn't mean it's not organized!" I bet he gets a job in sales. And again, he is nothing like his parents, right?

TGIF: When I got home from bowling last night, hubby said those magic three words I've longed to hear: "Wanna golf Friday?" I do! I do! We saw the forecast and cannot pass up what may be our last summer day. We've got a tee time set up at a highly recommended course we've wanted all year to get to. Will be blogging with photos (you'll see why) on that tomorrow!

No comments: