Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day of Rest

Typically Sundays are meant to be a day of rest. And that's not hard to do once the football season starts! Today was not typical.

First of all, the Vikings don't play until Monday (look out, Packers!) so I didn't have a really good reason to camp out on the couch.

Secondly, I am no longer a co-general manager for hubby's fantasy football team so, again, I didn't have a really good reason to camp out on the couch.

Finally, we did have a few other things to do.

After church and Sunday school, we went up to Wausau to bring home Jim's dad from the hospital. Jim drove his mom and dad home in their car and Carter and I followed. Our favorite heart patient is pretty weak but it sure was good to see him smile!

Carter had two homework projects to wrap up today. He still has one more day to complete the "history of me" items in a box assignment so I will wait until that's done to tell you what he thinks symbolizes Carter. He practiced his presentation on me today and I must say it was pretty good. He might end up throwing in something extra. We'll know on Tuesday.

To avoid the couch, I had big intentions of going on a long walk or bike ride. I seriously got on my bike and it was raining by the time I got to the end of our driveway (and it's not that long!). I did get on a ride later, after the rain, but it was a short one so I wouldn't get caught in a storm somewhere. At least it was some exercise.

Right now I am waiting for Carter to fall asleep. He lost a tooth today. By coincidence, that's the second one since football started. Maybe he is getting rattled around a bit after all. At least it keeps the tooth fairy in business!

That's it for our day of rest. (Oh, and I did make it to the couch for a little football. So there was some actual resting going on. I'm gonna try to do a much better job of it next week!)

No comments: