Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scrapo-Therapy

I was feeling pretty dejected after the Vikings loss today. So much so I realized I needed therapy!

Some people look to psychotherapists for help. Others turn to retail therapy to lift their spirits. I scrapbook.

I must be having a mentally stable year because I realized quickly I haven't scrapbooked in months. Many months. As in -- I haven't done one page on my current project since Camp Crop-A-Lot in February. Shame on me! (And I doubt I can claim a stress-free year as the reason.)

I do have a few excuses. (Don't I always?) For awhile I had to share my "scrapbooking room" with Clay while he was living with us in the spring. I didn't really feel like infringing on a teenager's turf so I stayed out of there.

Then I was working diligently on a 40th birthday book for my twin. That consumed some time. But hey, it was scrapbooking! Just not any work on my 2006 book, which I made so much progress on at camp. I've been thinking about getting back to it, just haven't. Until today.

It was the perfect day for it. Depressing game. Rainy and chilly outside. Lock myself into the scrap room, crank the heat and the relaxing instrumental music and clear my mind. It worked! I made great progress and am down to just 5 pages left to finish it!

Then it's on to 2007, not to mention 2008 by the time that one's done, Casey's graduation/school years book, Carter's school and sports books, and on and on ... Good thing I'm pyscho... I mean, in need of psycho (or scrapo) therapy!

No comments: