Monday, June 8, 2009

Ark for Sale

It rained steady for the third straight day. I'm pretty sure those flowers I planted a week ago now have enough water. Our lawn should look nice and green for the graduation party, too!

But it sucked to not be able to get out for a walk. And it was just down right gloomy which made a Monday feel like, well, a Monday!

The work day did go fast, though. Too fast when I have much to do the two days I am there this week. My laptop, affectionately called a "crap-top", crapped out on me on Friday and I was hoping it would be revived after a weekend's rest. Not the case. I tried performing CPR on it most of the day. I'm way out of practice so someone smarter me (withhold comments, please) will have to take a crack at it tomorrow.

Carter is down to 1 1/2 days of school left. He lugged home a 20-pound backpack stuffed with notebooks, folders and such that he won't be needing any more this year. No homework tonight (yay for all of us) and the only thing on the agenda tomorrow is cleaning out desks. Oh to have it so good.

He and Daddy ran errands tonight while I finally moved my party efforts inside the house. I finished making mints last night so tonight marked the start of cleaning. (I procrastinated as long as I could!) Got a few things organized but time sure flies when you're having fun! I can't believe it's 9 already.

This week will be a busy one. Baseball Tuesday night then I am off Wednesday through Friday. Carter is done with school at noon Wednesday. Jim is off Thursday and Friday. And all of us are keeping a close eye on the forecast -- now they predict 77 with chance of scattered thunderstorms Sunday.

We've also got running around to do and plenty of cleaning and last-minute fix-me-ups on "the list". Somehow in there it would be great to sneak 9 holes in. It would be a sin to take vacation days just for party prepping and no golf, wouldn't it? If I stay focused and quit using the computer as my procrastination tool, maybe I'll get something done and we can do that.

I'll have to let you know -- that is, if I can sneak back on here again! Have a good week!

No comments: