Thursday, June 11, 2009

Getting There

There outta be a law against squirrels and birds being allowed to fight outside a person's bedroom window at 4:45 a.m. on a day when a person is on vacation and that person does not have to get up to an alarm ... and that person is me.

Yep, there outta be a law. But there ain't.

I did manage to fall back asleep, thankfully. I was determined to have a productive day and not start it in the hole with sleep deprivation. As it turned out, it was a productive day. We're definitely getting there on our trek to partyville.

Hubby and I both the day off. So between the two of us, we got things done. Carter had a friend over so he stayed out of our hair.

We had friends over, too. Mike and Christine dropped off some coolers for the party and stayed for a little visit. Just the break we needed. But I can tell you we had no motivation to return to the "list" once they were gone.

So I ran Carter's friend home and later we moseyed down to the neighbor's for a campfire. What a nice ending to the day. The early bird can have the worm. I'll stick with a s'more!

No comments: