Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a Wrap

What would the baseball season be without a final appearance by the Bad News Bears?

OK, so they got smoked their last game. The Tigers still won three times as many games as last year -- with a 6-4 record -- and, more importantly, had fun doing it.

It was a good season. They were good kids, a nice group of parents, a dynamic coaching duo and sexy scorekeepers (c'mon, I gotta give us some props here).

Casey is wrapping up his graduation "season" tonight, too. We just got done with his cards and now he's working on the thank-you notes. I got the labels and stamps on the envelopes (with Carter's assistance) -- not because I'm organized but because I know he'll outlast me. I said, "Dad will stay up and help you finish!"

It's way past my bedtime and, other than the fact it's super muggy out, I should have a clear head for non-thinking sleeping. No more graduation Lists. No more dirt stains on uniforms and late games.

I'll miss the popcorn.

I guess I could always watch the neighbor girl play softball. Her season just started...

No comments: