Wednesday, June 10, 2009

School's Out

As it turned out, I only got to walk Carter to the bus stop twice this year -- on the first day and on the last day. I should have taken a picture of us both times because I swear he grew half a foot this year!

He went off to his half day today and I got busy. The morning flew by and Carter (done at noon) was home before I knew it. He came skipping along with that big "school's out for summer" grin on his face. That disappeared when I put him to work awhile. Nothing too major. He was done in 15 minutes.

I got to washing the floors finally in the afternoon and while they were drying, we headed into town to run a few errands and, of course, stop for some "I survived 5th grade" celebratory ice cream at Dairy Queen. (Hey, I survived, too!)

Back home and it was back to work. Days like these I appreciate my "office job" that's for sure. After supper, I did sneak out for a quick walk. It's been ages since I exercised and I need to get back at it sooner rather than later. And I prefer the walking-type exercises to the back and forth motion of mopping! No doubt about that.

Somehow it got to be 9 o'clock and the day is done. We'll have to whistle for Carter who is probably still skipping around the neighborhood, all giddy that it's summer vacation and he doesn't have homework or a bedtime.

Bet you a buck he's the first one up tomorrow, though! (I hope.)

No comments: