Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Musings...

And Now a Word from our Sponsor: OK, just because a person is annoying doesn't mean they should die. I'm talking about TV product spokesman Billy Mays. Carter always turns the channel when he comes on -- his tolerance level reached Overload apparently. But we were all surprised by news of his death. You just never know about the heart...

Heart to Heart: And now for some positive news. We are grateful my brother-in-law Paul recognized signs of some heart trouble and got himself to the hospital. My sister reports that today they found three areas of 90-95% blockage -- they input two stents and did a balloon angioplasty on the third area. He is recovering fine but I'm sure he had something entirely different in mind when he looked forward to "laying around" on vacation.

Weather Beaten: Speaking of vacation, Carter's Up North fun is off to a good start ("I'm having a blast, Mom!")... Except for the fact that he was a bit chilly last night and had to borrow a sweatshirt and pants from his aunt! For someone as obsessed (well, interested) with the "Local on the 8's" as I am, you'd think I would have checked ahead at what the weather is going to be up there this week. He's got no sweatshirt or jacket -- but I betcha a dollar he didn't forget his whoopee cushion!

Dinner and a Movie: Our friends Mike and Christine treated us to dinner tonight at Anchor Bay for our birthdays (Yup, hubby gets old this week, too.). Then us ladies had a Girls' Night Out of sorts. Armed with our little packets of Kleenex, we went to the movie My Sister's Keeper, based on the book by Jody Picoult. Now we both read the book and we can say that the movie does not follow every storyline in the book. I won't spoil it for anyone -- just guarantee you'll still wipe away plenty of tears.

Good Sleeping Weather: Should sleep good tonight after the cleansing cry and now temps dipped to the 50s. This is what they call "good sleeping weather" in Wisconsin -- and reason #138 I keep my electric mattress pad on the bed year-round.

No comments: