Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Arrivals

Today was the penultimate day of the party countdown! I got my final cleaning done and was showered & dressed just this side of the noon hour. It was a beautiful sunny day and I am so glad tomorrow will be much of the same.

Jim did grill duty for hours and hour (burgers and brats tomorrow). Romey and Rick came out so Rick entertained Jim at the grill while I had Romey help me with a few last-minute errands. Seems like every day has been last-minute. I actually said today (and you can quote me on this) that I am sick of Wal-Mart. I swear I've been there every day for the last 12 and have dropped plenty of moola there each time. Sigh.

Our important mission while in town was getting an ice cream cake for Romey's birthday. Mission accomplished at Wal-Mart (so I guess it was worth going). My sister RoAnn and husband Ken arrived in town shortly after. They all were out for a quick (read: easy) supper of pizza. We ate under the big tent. Because we could.

Had a little campfire tonight and sent the old folks back to the hotel in town for the night around 9 or so. Wasn't long after that my twin sister Raylene and her daughter Ashley arrived. They'll be sleeping here tonight.

I'm grateful that despite all the last-minute disorganization, I was somehow organized enough to enjoy a day with family (whose presence grew incrementally larger every few hours). Good times.

No worries now. Just a few more last-minute last-minute last-minute errands in the morning -- cake and a keg -- then bring on the party!

No comments: