Monday, October 26, 2009

Break my Stride

Once in awhile you gotta change things up a bit so you don't get stuck in a rut. Or just feel like you're stuck in one.

Today I got an opportunity to do a different job at work. Someone was out sick with the flu so I helped out with our auction business. We have a big one coming up with a lot of sports collectibles. I was just doing rapid inventory, but it was cool to see things like autographed baseballs and footballs and some signed photos of famous athletes like Muhammad Ali and Gale Sayers and even one of Korey Stringer, the Minnesota Viking who died unexpectedly a few years ago. Neat stuff.

Kind of mindless work, but it was nice to see a different side of our business. Plus, my computer really didn't want to cooperate with me anyway. (I guess no one likes Mondays.)

To keep up with "try something different" theme, hubby went grocery shopping with me after we dropped off the CRV at the garage. (Hopefully nothing major -- just having them check why a warning light is on on the dash.)

The grocery thing didn't go so hot. I mumble too much, lose patience when Jim can't read my mind and, well, was just plain cranky tonight. I think I just need to get some sleep. Now there's something new!

I've got Carter reading on the couch and Jim watching TV downstairs. I could sneak off to bed and no one would be the wiser. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the clothes to get done in the dryer and, of course, for my mattress pad to heat up. Nothing new there. Can't totally break my stride in one day!

No comments: