Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Bypass

I sort of feel like we're living in anti-snow globe today. It seems everyone around us -- north, west, even south -- got snow overnight and we got nothing. Somehow it totally bypassed us in Rapids.

And I'm OK with that.

It still was pretty darn cool -- hovering around the freezing mark when soccer kicked off at noon. We made sure Carter was dressed in layers -- but not enough that he couldn't move freely (picture Ralphie's little brother in The Christmas Story!)

Jim and I basically threw on the same clothes as yesterday. Hey, if it kept us from freezing to death one day, it should work the next!

The game started out pretty good. When we score first, we figure it's going to go our way the whole time. Not always. Carter played some good defense, stealing the ball as much as possible. He did get called on one penalty for pushing, but it's better than standing around doing nothing, right?

He claims he didn't get the ball much but that's because was goalie for awhile (didn't let anyone score on him) and on defense, too.

He still had plenty of opportunities to kick it! Unfortunately, the other team kicked it more and ended up winning 5-3.

We were cold. He was tired. But we all survived.

I figured since it wasn't snowing or raining or even cloudy here, I better go out for a run today. That felt pretty good. Glad I put a stocking cap on. The wind was/is still a bit wicked (and our naked trees can attest to that!).

Tonight, Jim and I are going to a comedy show featuring several comedians we hear on Bob & Tom on the radio each morning (The Bob and Tom Comedy All-Stars Show). We have tickets to the late show (which doesn't start until 10) so now that I've got my exercise in and even the housework done, I'm contemplating a nap.

Even if it's not a snowy day, burying myself under a warm blanket on the couch seems in order, doncha think?

No comments: