Thursday, October 29, 2009

No Guts, No Glory

It's the state teacher convention -- or something like that -- so central Wisconsin school districts have today and tomorrow off. Me, too!

Carter and I had a list of errands to run today but didn't get going until after noon. Part of that was my fault. I had magazines I wanted to go in with the recycling. But I had to read them first (or at least skim through them). So I did that from 8 a.m. to almost 10 while watching Mamma Mia! (See, I can multi-task with the best of them.)

When I was done, I went for a quick run -- only because it was nice out (50ish) and I knew we'd probably end up at Dairy Queen later and I had to erase the guilt ahead of time.

Got home, showered, started laundry and we headed out. First we had to stop down the street where the neighbor girl, a 4th-grader, just got home from surgery -- gall bladder and appendix. She's doing awesome!

Then it was off to Wal-Mart for a few things, recycling center, DQ for that limited-time only Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, movie store, YMCA to sign up Carter for basketball, service garage to pay for CRV repairs, bank, pumpkin patch to finally get our pumpkins.

I had to quick bake a Wacky Cake when I got home so I can decorate it in the morning for Clay's birthday party tomorrow night. But after the cake was done and we had supper, Carter and I commenced to gutting those pumpkins!

No he's not McDreamy, but he did perform some cool surgical cuts on his 2 pumpkins.

Boo! Scared ya, didn't I? Pretty cool, eh? This is the first time Carter tried letters. Not bad at all. We put the other pumpkin out on the porch right away and then it was rainy so I'll have to get a picture later.
We had one pumpkin that was so hard that we couldn't cut through it to gut it even. So I tried something new and sort of chipped off pumpkin pieces (like an ice sculpting, ha). Some of you will appreciate my efforts...

Others won't. But hey, I know if we lose against the Pack on Sunday, I can take my frustration out and start smashing pumpkins. Should make some good pie, right? Pumpkin Pie, not Humble Pie.

No comments: