Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

It's Sunday. It's October. It's Game Day.

Of course, every good Sunday starts off with church and Sunday School. I dropped off Carter and his sleepover friend at Sunday School, got a few groceries then joined Carter for church. Going to the late service requires a timely exit after the service to get home for kickoff. Even with communion, we pulled it off, arriving at home with seconds to go.

Not that the Vikings are more important than church, mind you.

The thing with having a halfway decent team this year is that they had already scored a touchdown by the time I got changed from church clothes to Game Day gear and got back into the living room! Not that I'm complaining.

As much as I want to think this is a new team. A better team. They still pull the same tricks of every previous group of Purple People Eaters. They get a lead, slack off on defense, then practically blow it. They do not make it easy on their fans!

I guess all's well that ends well. And I can say at least we're not Tennessee fans getting their frozen butts handed to them in snowy New England. What's up with that?!

When I saw that and looked out our windows to our sunny, mid-50s day, I knew I better get outside and enjoy it while I could. I took a quick run -- yes, I knew it was 3 miles this time -- and enjoyed the pretty leaves and sunshine.

Got home and did few things for work and served up supper. The other thing about Sundays, in the chilly months especially, is I usually put something in the crockpot after church so supper is easy. Am I thinking or what?

Now I just have to get Carter doing some leftover homework while hubby and I await the next new episode of Mad Men. (Another reason Sundays rock!)

What does Sunday mean to you?

No comments: