Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Win-Win Situation

Today was Carter's second fall soccer game (I missed the first during my sister weekend). This year he is in a new age group that plays on a much bigger field with a much bigger goal to defend. If you recall last year he loved playing goalie because he could boot the ball from his goal down to the opposite goal. It didn't quite work out that way today.

While he did have a few critical saves, he also let 2 get by him in the first half. At halftime, his team was down 2-1. In the second half, he was a forward so he got to handle the ball more. He had one assist and kicked what ended up being the game-winning goal! So his team won 3-2. Yay!

Here are few pictures. (I apologize in advance for the low quality. It was a cloudy day and the camera batteries were totally out of juice.)

Nothing illustrates determination quite like a goalie lining up to make a huge kick!
Carter prepares to kick quite a long shot for the goal. I think even he was surprised it went in without anyone stopping it.

Carter celebrates after the score!

I had hoped out loud that if Carter's soccer team could win, surely my Twins could. And, wouldn't you know it, they did! Who knew I had such power?
We were gone to a wedding dance tonight so I missed the entire Detroit game, but I see they lost so this ain't over yet. I may actually find myself watching baseball tomorrow on a football Sunday. How strange.
But I like it!!

No comments: