Thursday, October 22, 2009

Men are from Mars...

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus is a book by John Gray offering many suggestions for improving men-women relationships in couples by understanding the communication style and emotional needs of the opposite gender.

We often joke that men and women are rarely on the same page -- or same planet for that matter. Probably a good thing Carter learns this early.

Last night I was on the computer and he called me into his room. I said, "I'll be there in a minute."

I finished what I was doing and went into his room. "3 minutes and 41 seconds," he says, holding a stopwatch.

"Huh?"

"That's how long it's been since you said, 'I'll be there in a minute,'" he says, really stressing the word minute!

Oh boy. Next time I better just tell him I'll get there when I get there.

I guess Daddy didn't teach him yet that when Mom says she'll be ready in a minute, it's never 60 seconds. In Mommy language (probably originating on Venus), a "minute" can range from 3-15 minutes, easy. I shouldn't say just moms. He'll learn that some day with a girlfriend or wife, too, but I am so not gonna even think about that now.

Maybe in a minute.

No comments: