Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tricks and Mostly Treats

What a holiday-crowded day! We've got both Halloween and the "fall back" to Daylight Saving Time action going on. Both are treats, if you ask me.

The only trick today was Mother Nature's doing again. It was downright chilly and there were a few flakes in the air. At least here, nothing stayed so that was good. I forgot to stock up on anti-freeze for my broom, though. With a windchill of 28, it didn't want to turn over this morning. So I had to run 4 miles instead of fly. That sucks. Halloween transportation is so unreliable!

This afternoon, hubby stirred up some witch's brew, er, turkey soup, while I worked on Christmas cookies. What, you didn't think I was just gonna eat those mint M&M's did you?! Now I have most of my cookies in the freezer for my family cookie exchange in November. That's a nice treat. I also made some bars for a Packer-Viking party tomorrow. Maybe I should dress up as Martha Stewart for Halloween next year!

As promised, Carter dressed up as some sort of gangsta-wannabe. I did end up buying a hat for the costume (which he hasn't taken off since) but he has to "work off" that 10 bucks. He already had the goofy bling and punk attitude to go with it. So that was a treat, too.

Following our tradition for the past several years, we went over to my friend Becky's house and trick-or-treated with her kids in her subdivision. There were a few extra kids (see photo) that joined us but her son Garrick (Nemo) was undoubtedly the cutest!

After trick-or-treating, we chose to spend that "extra" hour we get this evening eating... and eating... and eating. Had pizza and then some desserts, including leftover birthday cake. There is such a thing as too many treats!

After eating, we played Mexican Train Dominoes, another treat for me since I haven't played that since our last trip to Texas. I almost won but thought I'd be nice and let our hostess claim first place. (I'm just too competitive to ever admit I couldn't pull out a victory!)

Now we're home and we gotta change all the clocks back. This is a good thing. Us old people -- like hubby, me & Brett Favre -- need the extra sleep before game day.

Happy Halloween! Hope it brought you more treats than tricks!

No comments: