Sunday, November 1, 2009

What's Good for the Goose...

I had a revelation this morning during Sunday School. Actually, Carter was in a Sunday School and I was taking a jog by the river. I saw a flock of geese flying south and it suddenly struck me: I know why they fly in a "V" formation -- they must be Vikings fans.

I took it as a sign. A good sign.

We went over to our friends the Jacksons this afternoon to watch the Packers-Vikings game. Yes, they are Packers fans but we look past that when they open their home (with HDTV!) and their hearts to us friendless Vikings fans.

Seriously, I give them credit for tolerating us and feeding us. Who knew Packer fans could be so nice? (OK, no more jabs. They are all feeling bad enough.) And we honestly have nothing to gloat about. Once again we get a commanding lead and almost blow it. Then somehow pull out a Victory in the end.

I guess those geese were onto something after all. Too bad they'll be in warmer climes by the next time we play again in 2 weeks. I guess I'll have to cook up another turkey. That wishbone could be considered at V, couldn't it?

No comments: