Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rules of Engagement

No, this isn't about Carter getting engaged. (He says, "Good!" as he looks over my shoulder.) Instead it's about an interesting meeting we had at work today. The buzz word for 2010 is health or wellness "engagement."

In other words, our company is strongly encouraging us to be engaged in healthy practices so we will hopefully be at work every day we're supposed to be -- and obviously, file less health insurance claims. So we benefit (better health and some potential premium discounts) and the company benefits.

It sounds good to me. The best part is that as long as we remain engaged -- just trying to do our best -- we can remain in the program. They're not going to kick us out based on our results or lack of them.

The competitive side of me wonders if this is enough incentive for me. The lazy side of me wonders if I can actually stick with something for a whole calendar year! Should be interesting.

I figure as long as they don't make me cut out ice cream for the summer, I'll remain engaged for 365 days. If they start messing with Eggnog or Shamrock Shakes, then we got problems...

No comments: