Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Eve

My husband and I have been fortunate that our employer has always given us "Black Friday" off as a holiday so we have a 4-day weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving and shop (or whatever). The last few years, the company has given us Wednesday afternoon off, too. Great for people traveling. And those of us not leaving town just yet enjoy it, too.

I wasn't thinking we actually have a tradition for Thanksgiving Eve, but we do. Looking back, it appears we tend to either go to a movie or rent one that the 3 of us can watch. I think the first time we did this was renting the newer version of the Grinch movie years ago. Tonight we actually went to the theater.

It seems there is some sort of "kid movie" coming out every other weekend. The latest is Planet 51 -- a computer animated one that had a nice little story. Not a super movie, but OK. It was just nice to sit between my guys ... and hold the all-important popcorn bucket!

Now we're each doing our own thing as we ease into 4 days of quality family time. I did get the rest of my presents wrapped today and the cards dropped off at the post office. I feel great about that, but... I still have that one gift to buy yet and I am praying (seriously, pretty close to praying) that it is not something I'll have to set an alarm for at some ungodly hour on Friday. If I have to do that, it will be a black Friday!

I'll keep ya posted. In the meantime, I gotta get back to relaxing and bonding... and eating Peppermint Stick ice cream -- because I'm sure I won't get enough to eat in the next few days! Right.

No comments: