Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hump Daze

I'm a little confused about Hump Day. I was thinking that it meant we are halfway through the week and getting over the hump. The rest is smooth sailing to the weekend. Instead this is a hump day, where it peaked at noon and has been declining since.

I suppose you can't beat a date with my hair artist over a long lunch hour. Could I really expect work before and after that would be hill-top equivalent? No. Throw in 3 hours of homework after school/work and it spiraled downward at a rapid pace.

Homework? I know, not mine. But when the kid is stressed, Mommy and Daddy are stressed. I am trying to remember my vow not to jump in and rescue him when he is floundering on his assignments. But it's hard when he's sooooo frustrated. But then guess what? Mommy doesn't know an answer and then Mommy gets sooooo frustrated. Then, when all the book work is done, he practices the trumpet and Mommy has already gone over the edge of the hump. (And is ready to lose it!)

Just be happy you weren't here tonight.

It's all good now. We're going to have some Schwan's Peppermint Stick ice cream. And I am going to push aside thoughts of the things that are really bothering me -- and that I can control about as much as Carter's homework. In other words, not at all.

So I'll cope. Find a way to relax tonight yet. Breathe in, breathe out. Scoop in, scoop out.... M-m-m.... Feeling better already.

No comments: