Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We've Got Spirit

Shhhh... Can you hear that? It's the sound of Christmas spirit sneaking into the house. I've been waiting for it. But I'm not sure everyone's ready for it!

Jim took Carter to basketball practice tonight so I got 90 minutes to myself! Just enough time to call up my twin to talk about weekend Christmas Cookie Bake plans and make myself comfy on the couch to get into a new Christmas book. Yep, the excitement is quietly starting to bubble under the surface.

Of course, the guys came home and they have their own excitement building. Carter got his basketball schedule tonight. Starting next week, he'll play on Mondays through the beginning of February -- with time off during Christmas break, of course. They'll be playing area communities and two teams from the catholic school system in Rapids.

It's interesting that Carter's team is comprised of kids from several elementary schools and, actually, is the only Wisconsin Rapids public schools team. Really? It takes 8 elementary schools to have enough 6th-graders for one team? That just seems unreal. No one cares about hoops any more? Hopefully, the 11 kids on his team are as excited as Carter is to play.

This will be an entertaining winter, that's for sure. And I think it will be good to have something fun that sort of extends the spirit of the holidays. But let's not talk about that just yet. I haven't even mailed my cards yet (though they're ready for a change) and only half my presents are wrapped. We've still got a lot of spirit to enjoy this season!

No comments: