Sunday, November 8, 2009

Good Day Sunshine

We had Indian Summer Day 2 today. How long will this warm spell last? I have no clue -- and I'm afraid to look. We'll just enjoy it while we have it!

It was a much busier day than anticipated. I keep wondering how I would have done all this if I was out of town scrapping?

Anyway, got up for early church. Had the world's worst night sleep followed by the world's worst shower. Just a trickle since the water pressure (or whatever!) hadn't built up yet since we had everything shut down yesterday. Good thing I went to church and thanked God for all my blessings! Got some grocery shopping done while Carter was in Sunday School, so that was good.

Went for run when I got home. It was so nice feeling the sunshine on my face! It was so not November. I loved it!

After my run and shower, I caught some of the Packer game. Interesting that we (as in the Vikings) had to just sit back on our bye week and still make headway in our division. The Packers, Bears and Lions all seemed to take the day off, too. I don't mind that one bit!

After the Packers game, we headed over to Jim's parents to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. Casey was home from college again (honestly, he must love it in Rapids for as often as he comes home) so he and Clay could join us, too. Had a good meal and nice visit. We drew names for Christmas so I can shop early -- for someone who doesn't have their list ready yet. I have a feeling drawing early won't change how we do things!

When we got home, I gave Carter a quick hair cut. He wanted it buzzed on the sides a bit and now thinks he looks like a mushroom head. So I trimmed some more to even it out. I don't blame him one bit, but I think he really does not like it and, unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to do to fix it. I swear I didn't do this on purpose so he'd look bad for his girlfriend. Did I mention she's a redhead? Well, at least Daddy gives the thumbs up!

I gotta go. I gotta try to fix this hair mess so the whole day is a smiling sunshine sticker. Then it's the season finale of Mad Men -- if I can stay awake that long. I'm just gonna have to. Don Draper is counting on me!

No comments: