Saturday, November 14, 2009

Keep on Movin'

Carter had a friend sleep over last night. It was a different kind of noisy night than expected. His friend brought his trumpet!

So the two of them practiced in the evening (I think I heard Taps at least 8 times) and then again this morning. Despite the fact they jumped out of bed at 7 a.m., they were considerate enough to wait until Jim and I were up before "practicing" again. I'm not complaining, it was just different that's all. They did the typical boy things, too, like football, video games and a movie. So we haven't converted to a band geek household overnight.

The only thing that pained me to get up this morning was ... just my entire body. That duathlon finally caught up with me. I really wondered why I felt just fine Friday, the day after, when I knew I wasn't in that good of shape. Today, I could feel it in my legs and my back, big time. So my goal was to keep on movin'.

After making the boys cinnamon rolls for breakfast, I went for a little run just to will my legs and body to get past the pain. The run felt fine but when I was done, I was still a hurtin' unit.

I did manage to run errands for 2 hours. But when I say run errands, this time I actually used a vehicle. Even got some Christmas shopping done today. Whoo-hoo! I did relax for a little bit to let hubby kick my keester in cards. (I gotta let him win once in awhile for his ego, you know.)

In the late afternoon and evening, we had the Jacksons over. I made quesadillas and nachos and stuff. Easy to do and delicious. Carter and Nate played catch and a video game and us grown-ups got to relax and visit -- and try not to fall asleep with our full tummies. It's been 4 hours and I am still full! I even passed on ice cream. Now you know I'm not kidding.

I am ready to stop movin' now. I think I'll sleep pretty good tonight! I wouldn't mind a back rub. I wonder if hubby feels bad enough for soundly beating me (at cards!) today to make up for it??

No comments: