Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Family Planning

Carter and I spent a busy evening planning for events later in the week.

On Friday, there is no school again. (I know. These kids have it easy these days.) Actually it's a record-keeping day since the first quarter ends Thursday.

We have Carter signed up to take a day-long Red Cross Babysitting Course Friday. Not that he is going to jump into child care. We just want him to feel prepared and confident about staying home on his own. At some point, he'll outgrow the need for a babysitter but we don't want him (I mean us!) to be nervous about being alone. Anyway, he's got a book to read and a DVD to watch before Friday, so he's been reading and learning a lot already.

I have plans Friday, too. I'm leaving town in the afternoon for a girls' scrapbooking weekend. This wasn't really planned. It was just sort of spontaneous and I'm all for it. I need to keep my mind busy and distracted from some things I don't want to think about these days.

So I spent the better part of this evening trying to organize what pictures I need to use for the second half of my 2008 album. I got the pictures set. Tomorrow and Thursday nights I'll need to figure out what I want to do with each page. I will have 40 or so pages to do to finish the book. So I don't have high hopes. But that would be way awesome to finish those this weekend!

I'm pooped now -- even though I didn't accomplish much yet.

I take that back. I did do something pretty incredible earlier this evening. I sort of had a redneck Fonzie moment in the Wal-Mart parking lot. One of the headlights was out on the Civic. I got out of the car and, much like a jukebox in Big Al's, I hit the light just right to get it to work!

I know what you're thinking. Is there anyone cooler than me?

No comments: