Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweet Rewards

Not that I need an excuse to go to Dairy Queen, but the local one is closing for the season this weekend (last call!)... PLUS, we had some celebrating to do!

I found out today I won the duathlon for the women's division! Whoo-hoo! Now I am so glad I did not cave to my "I must be dying" need to walk or slow down that day. My time stood through the weekend and I got a nice gift certificate out of it for winning.

Lesson: You're never too old to try new things! Once, anyway.

Daddy and I were also proud of Carter's report card -- which he conveniently left at school but tells us was pretty good. If he was lying, there's no good way to get back that Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, is there? We just have to have some faith.

He was also a bit spoiled at the mall, too. (Remember, Sylvester is first, Carter is second on the spoiling tier.) Actually, he is starting basketball practice tomorrow so he needed new shoes. Yes, I knew this a month ago. No, I didn't get them. Still waiting for that perfect deal or sale, I guess. So he has some new shoes and the rest (skill & fun) will be up to him. This oughta be interesting -- his first time really playing hoops, not just shooting in the driveway. I suspect you'll hear more about this in weeks to come.

Now that we're done with all our rewards for good behavior, I suppose I should get something done around here before my Monday night comedy lineup begins. Whoops, I guess it's 7 already!

Well, I can turn my mattress pad on. I'll check that off the list anyway...

No comments: