Monday, October 19, 2009

Homework Helper (or Helpless?)

Shhhhh. I'm hiding out in the computer room. Carter is looking for help on his homework and I cannot give it to him.

Seriously. I'd love to help. But it's math. And it's word problems. And it's almost like algebra. And, obviously, I haven't done it for at least 25 years. I really cannot help.

Give me English, history, science, even some biology. But not math. Math keeps changing. They are teaching it differently all the time. When I do try to help, it's like, "Mom, that's not how we do it." So I'm thinking, why Mr. Math Whiz, did you even ask then?

Oh well. At least he thinks enough of our brainpower to ask for help.

I just heard him close his book so I guess it's safe to go back out there now. First I gotta find a red pen so I can edit the rough draft of his latest story.

Now that's more my speed.

No comments: