Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crop-toberfest

Had quite the busy Saturday. Got up and at 'em and over to my friend Becky's house by 9 a.m. to scrapbook at her "Crop-toberfest."

For those oblivious to scrapbooking lingo, a scrap workshop is also called a crop. See, now you went and learned something -- on a weekend no less.

The crop was all day but I took a break to go see Carter play his last soccer game. He didn't score any goals but he had a save when he was goalie. The game -- a tough defensive battle -- ended in a 1-1 tie. There were a lot of good games this season. As the coach said after today's game, they all really raised their skill level this fall. And I got lots of pictures for scrapbook pages, so everybody wins.

Went straight back to Becky's after the game. I wasn't going to leave her house until I got my 40th birthday extravaganza pages done. I did. Yay! Now I am officially half way through my 2008 book (not to give my age away). It sounds good but like I told hubby, I'll never really catch up. After my family books -- the chronological ones -- I still have our vacation one, Carter's school books and so on. I'll never be done. But that's a good thing, right?

When I got home I decorated a birthday cake I made for my dad (for tomorrow's party at my twin's house), then made Christmas cookies (for tomorrow's party at my twin's house).

She has this great plan that since her son is home from Iraq for only 2 weeks, we'll celebrate all of the holidays with him that he'll be missing. So we'll have turkey for "Thanksgiving" and ham and cookies for "Christmas." You get the idea. I'll just be happy to see Tony -- and sad that he has to go back so quickly!

After my Martha Stewart stint, I ran for awhile on the treadmill and am using this computer time as my "cool down." Whatever works. I can't even imagine turning my blanket on tonight!

Of course, that shower will probably cool me off just enough...

No comments: