Saturday, July 24, 2010

Branches

I think it was quite appropriate that we trekked over to North Branch, Minn., for the day Saturday to get together with the north branch, the south branch and all branches of my family tree on my dad's side.

My aunt, uncle and cousins were coming up for the weekend from St. Louis so we thought it was as good excuse as any to have a Hedberg reunion. The weather gods blessed us and we had a really nice turnout, too. Of course, there were lots of cousins who couldn't make it -- including my sister Rayna down in Texas -- so I thought I'd post a few pictures...

Of course, it's always a good excuse to see my twin sister. Since Raylene has been 4 inches taller than me forever, I decided to make her sit in the chair so I could be taller than her for once!

My cousin Carolyn (left) kindly opened her home to all of us and organized the event. Here she visits with our cousin Pam (up from St. Louis) and some of the kids (younger cousins).

I was obviously not the only one snapping pictures! Carolyn's husband Glen let us set up in his "man cave," which was a nice place for relatives to sit and eat and catch up!

My mom hates smiling for pictures. I'm not sure how I pulled this one off, but it's a keeper!

Girl power! At some point, do we all start looking alike? We certainly laugh alike!

My sisters Renell and Romey staying cool -- as usual.

Rick and Glen seem to be saying: "Oh boy, is that your wife making all that noise? Or mine?"

Jim and my nephew Zach smile for the camera -- sort of. Zach obviously hates having his picture taken so this is what he gets!

I have now been told by more than one person I look like my dad. So I guess we're both lucky!

My dad and his 4 remaining siblings (and wives) pose for a nice picture.

I'm not sure when the 5 were last seated together, but it must have been a big deal because...

... look at all the paparazzi that showed up!!

Makes me wonder who was left to take our group photo. This is the first line of cousins -- children of the Hedbergs. Good-sized group -- and that's probably only half of us!

The perfect ending to the day was a full-size rainbow over the reunion! Very cool to see an entire rainbow end to end (though we couldn't fit it all in the camera viewer). Now we know God has blessed all his trees and branches.

No comments: