Friday, July 2, 2010

Holiday Weekend

A few signs it's July Fourth weekend: A camper or boat is attached to every 3rd vehicle on the road, there are already "speed traps" aplenty, and the mercury is rising (along with the humidity, of course).

Today was a holiday at Kidz Camp, too. Since it was closed and hubby had a vacation day, I worked from home. Just to make sure I stayed focused, Jim took his sons golfing (well Casey and Carter at least) and I had quite the busy morning in the "office." There is more work I will just have to get done this weekend because I closed the "office" in the early afternoon so a friend could take me on a belated birthday lunch. Priorities, you know.

Had a good meal at Chili's over in Plover. Then got some errands run in town this afternoon. Heard it was going to be pretty hot and sticky tomorrow so we turned the air conditioning on before we left the house tonight to go to the races.

Our nephew Colin raced his Super Stock at Golden Sands. We love watching him race in that division (which he dominated last year and is leading in points this year at Sands). He ended up qualifying third, had to take a quick pit stop in the feature during a caution so that put him at the back of the pack. It was fun watching him work his way up towards the front. He ended up finishing 6th but he probably could have won it ... just needed a few more laps! He's still leading in points so that says something about his skill level in that division.

After races, they shot off fireworks at the track. Took some pictures of that but I am not messing with it this late at night. This is a holiday weekend so I can relax when I want to.

And I want to now.

Have a great weekend! Travel safely and stay cool (and stay within the speed limit, too)!

No comments: