Monday, July 19, 2010

Empty Glove Syndrome

We've all heard of Empty Nest Syndrome, that sad, empty feeling that parents often experience when their last child has moved out of the house for good, leaving Mom and Dad all alone.

I wonder if there is such a thing as Empty Glove Syndrome, that sad, empty feeling that baseball players and their parents experience when their last game of the season has come and gone, leaving the family all alone....

It sort of felt that way today. As much as it was challenging at times to get all our schedules in sync this summer, it sure feels weird to have a "free night." I didn't know what to do with myself. So I went shopping. Well, for groceries, but since I actually had time to browse, I did.

I wasn't the only one afflicted. Carter was saying his good nights to Daddy and me when he realized it was only 7:30, not 8:30. I guess he doesn't know what to do with all his time either! So I whipped up a smoothie for him and we're back on schedule.

Hubby did some overdue grass cutting. Well, he attempted to. The aged push mower is on the fritz. Good thing we know people who know people who can help. We're having a reliable "lawn mower guy" (formerly our reliable "snow blower guy") take a look at it. Part of me (and Jim, too) would probably be OK if it was unfixable and we had to get a rider. But the part of me (and Jim, too) minding the money pot, figures it's best to keep it working as long as we can.

So that was our exciting evening. You really want baseball back as much as we do, don't you?

Well I actually was trying to upload pictures but the computer did not want to cooperate. So I'll get those up eventually but I am not staying up late to do it. I sure could use 8 hours of sleep one of these nights. Not that Empty Glove Syndrome makes me tired or depressed.

Just empty. Maybe I need a smoothie, too!

No comments: