Sunday, July 25, 2010

Off Schedule

Carter got his schedule for 7th grade a few days ago, along with his final list of school supplies and other info about his new school. He's pretty excited! (We are, too!)

This is how organized I am (ha), I've got his supply list printed out in an order that we can find supplies quickly (grouped by pens, notebooks, etc.) rather than going back and forth between aisles and forgetting something. Now we just have to go get 'em!

We did start on the clothing part. He has a dress code now so we had to get some "polo shirts" (which I mostly got earlier this summer on sale) and some "dress shorts." I shouldn't call them dress shorts, just plain/solid khaki or blue or black, and not the sports kind which, unfortunately, is about all Carter has. That proved to be a tougher task since stores are getting rid of their summer stuff (in July) and bringing in the pants and long sleeves for fall. Between Wal-Mart in Rapids and Target in Hudson (on our way to the reunion), we found a few pairs. I think they are a little long, though, for Carter's short frame. Anyone know a seamstress who could hem shorts for cheap and NOT make them look hemmed? I might go that route. We'll see what the dress code cops say at school.

I wish I was as organized with my other list. You know, that summer vacation we've been planning since January and is now, oh, just 6 days away. My thought was that we'd get a great start on packing this weekend, but then life happened.... races Friday night, out-of-state reunion Saturday, hubby's church picnic this afternoon and evening, and Mad Men season premiere tonight. Needless to say, I haven't even got the suitcases upstairs from the basement! But we sure had a fun weekend!

I did manage to steal away from the picnic today and connect with my friend Christine to get some plans together. We're pretty sure the guys are counting on us "girls" to organize things. And we're fine with that. We just hadn't had time (sad, I know) to figure things out. We're excited now, though. Got a few things in mind that should be fun, but mostly we're going to relax!

Now I just need to get back on schedule this week so I can get my work stuff done by Friday and that pesky packing done by then, too! Well, that deadline I can't miss!

No comments: