Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's Not the Heat... But You Know That

Today's weather was a surprise. When I don't have a baseball game or stock car race to look forward to, I tend to ease off my obsession with the radar -- and forecasts in general.

I didn't realize today was going to be so hot and humid... and just sticky. I guess I couldn't have done anything about it anyway. I would have worn the same clothes and still grabbed a jacket on my way out the door in case the air was cranked at work.

But as it turned out, the air quit working at my place of employment. It was so humid, fans were running and carpet was starting to bubble up -- kind of like you'd see in an old basement. Only there you'd probably see a de-humidifier working overtime in some corner. Not so at work.

This week we are setting up for the huge annual car show that overtakes the village of Iola for 4 days. Everything is pretty much on our grounds at work, but we stake our territory in just a small part of that, selling books, magazine, digital products, etc. After schlepping a few boxes, then it felt cool coming back into the building!

But that didn't last long. The good news is that we all have permission to wear shorts the rest of the week. Daisy Dukes, anyone? No, better not. We need to keep them looking professional in a casual sort of way. Probably won't get away with wearing my Twins boxers, either. Dang. I like those!

Tonight Carter had baseball practice. Ugh. I had errands to run and wrapped up just in time to pick up my two soaking wet guys. Can you believe it's too icky and sticky to have ice cream? Sad.

Guess I'll settle for strawberry shortcake. I just didn't get enough fruit today...

No comments: