Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

It's weird having July Fourth fall on a Sunday. It just doesn't feel like a holiday. Just a typical Sunday... Jim and I got up and went to church. (Carter was still asleep). Grilled some burgers for lunch. And then it rained. I mean it poured!

When it let up and looked like it was going to be dry for awhile, I took advantage of my independence and went on a bike ride by myself. I had some good resistance today since the wind was blowing -- and stayed cool because the wind was blowing the rain off the trees. Nice. No wonder it didn't seem like 10 miles!

Unfortunately, the rain returned shortly after I got home and hasn't let up much since. This was good news for people like me (who wanted to read my Stephanie Plum book) and hubby (who could enjoy his Reds stomping the Cubs on TV and the John Wayne marathon). It was bad news for people like Carter who hoped to go to the fireworks tonight.

Apparently, they did shoot them off despite the rain. That doesn't sound too enjoyable to me. I'm glad we got to see some at the race track the other night. So we're good. Thought I'd share a few images so you can enjoy them in your nice, dry computer chair....



Happy Independence Day!!!

No comments: