Monday, July 5, 2010

When Mondays are Good...

No alarm on a Monday morning. Gotta love that! I slept hard and I slept good and I slept long. Nice.

Today was our Fourth of July "holiday" for work. After sleeping in, I did finally get my "Saturday chores" of sweeping, vacuuming, etc. done. So I'm a little behind. I was busy doing nothing the last few days!

Since the air was still on, I turned the oven on and made my Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble dessert. Only this was a special July 4th edition -- one half blueberry, the other half cherry, so when you add whipped cream, you get your red, white and blue. Yup, I better get back to work -- my creativity gets to dangerous levels when I have time on my hands!

The hard rains that started last night never really let up, until about noon. I had just changed into running clothes and was going to go on the treadmill. I saw it had stopped raining and I double-checked the radar. Looked like I had a break in store so I headed outside.

Boy, did I miscalculate that break! I was half a mile from home when the rain started coming down. I knew if I turned around, I'd still get plenty wet. So I figured what the heck, I might as well keep running. When it really started to pour, I just started laughing. What could I do at that point?! And other than squishy shoes, it felt kind of cool!

Needless to say, I was a drowned rat when I got home. But I found that a good run in the rain can be cleansing for the soul... and the shirt and shorts and shoes!

After showering and thoroughly drying off, we headed into town to the Jacksons' house for a holiday barbecue. Brought the dessert and some salads to add to their yummy food. The rain quit long enough to run the grill. The rest of the time, we stayed inside to visit and watch a little baseball on TV. We are starting to get excited about our vacation to Florida together at the end of this month. Can't wait!

In the meantime, we all have plenty of work to do. It's going to be tough getting up to an alarm in the morning. But I have to say it was a pretty darn good holiday/birthday/anniversary week! Thanks for all the good wishes. We'll have to do this again sometime...

No comments: