Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hot Stuff

I know my hubby jokes that we've been married so long he no longer looks both ways when he crosses the street, but I know he seriously loves me.

And the feeling's mutual.

Warning: Today is our mushy day!

Eight years ago we survived the 112-degree heat in Vegas and tied the knot in the Little White Chapel (which was air-conditioned, by the way). I'd like to think we've still got the heat (minus the humidity) in our marriage. Maybe part of that has to do with our hot tub or with my electric mattress pad, which I turn on 10 months out of the year. But mostly it's due to love, respect, friendship and stolen kisses (when the cat or the kid ain't looking).

We did not actually get to spend much time together today. I had to work and Jim took the day off and went golfing with his dad, then took care of a dozen errands and chores for us -- and still managed to whip together steaks on the grill for supper. What a man! He's a keeper!

After supper, he and Carter had baseball practice. I dropped them off there and visited my friend Christine. Our guys joined us there after practice to watch the end of the Brewers game on TV. Then we lit a bunch of fireworks in their backyard and enjoyed a pre-holiday private light show!

How appropriate to end our anniversary day with the sparks still flying!

No comments: