Friday, July 16, 2010

Road Games

With things going on every night this week, we suddenly find ourselves at Friday again. And ready to ride the baseball tournament weekend merry-go-round one more time.

I'm kind of sad this is our last tourney weekend. It's been a lot fun watching Carter play -- and improve -- and getting to know some new baseball families.

This afternoon, we are heading over to Fond du Lac (eastern side of Wisconsin) where we'll stay in a hotel 2 nites. I heard this is a neat, historic hotel so I imagine there will be some photos forthcoming. (Of course.)

Carter for sure plays at noon and 6 p.m. Saturday and at noon Sunday. I don't know if we'll have access to a computer/Internet so you might just have to wait until Sunday night for the play by play. (C'mon, you'll miss it. You know you will.)

What we'll be missing in our parallel life is one family reunion (sorry, Mom) and the Wisconsin State Water Ski Show Tournament, which is held annually on Lake Wazeecha, just a mile north of our home. We don't go that often but I'm thinking bright, colorful pictures! (OK, I gotta simmer down about this camera!) We luckily will be back in time for our next-door neighbor's graduation party for their daughter. We have no idea what time we'll get there Sunday but they know to save a frosted one (or two) for hubby and a frosting-ed one for me!

I love summer!

No comments: