Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On the Lake Side

Thought I'd share some photos from my lighthouse experience in Fond du Lac this past weekend. Lakeside Park is a beautiful green area with lots of recreational opportunities located on the shores of Lake Winnebago.

The lighthouse is only 60 feet tall -- but still a bit intimidating to those of us a tad scared of heights!

Saved and restored. Thank you, Optimist Club!

Here I am at the bottom, getting the guts to go in and up!

I made it! Here I am at the tippy top!

Hubby was there for support and to help take pictures, of course!

Look, Ma, no hands! I look relaxed, don't I?

Beautiful view of the marina below.

Speaking of below, we were taller than the flag pole! Why am I looking down? Yikes!

Some canoeists enjoy the waterway winding through the park. Very pretty!

It was just a neat park. It was naturally packed with people everywhere the day we stopped in. 80s and sunny. Perfect day on the lake side!

No comments: