Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bouncing Back

When your day starts off well below zero, you're pretty much guaranteed it can only go up from there, right? At least the temperature will. Hopefully everything else along with it.

Carter managed to bounce back into good health after his brief "episode" (or did they just call them "spells" in the old days?) He said he and his stomach were fine all day, which is good since he had confirmation tonight plus a stop in at hoops practice. Glad he's back to his normal, pre-teen "I don't want to shower" self!

My work productivity bounced back a little today, too. Not a lot, just a little. But enough to bring a little sense that I'm making headway. With the new year comes some changes. As usual every year around budget time, we're not sure how things are going to pan out for hubby and me. So I did a little work tonight on "preparing" myself for the worst-case scenario. Whenever that may occur. Just in case. (It's always scary in this economy having 2 out of 2 incomes coming from the same place!)

My back is also bouncing back into the land of less pain. It still has been killing me but today I had a half-hour chair massage on lunch break and I think that helped. I've gone 6 hours without need for ibuprofen or ice, so I'm pleased with that little investment!

I still will probably hit the hay early tonight. I've got a Christmas book I need to finish so I can officially get on with the New Year -- which is supposed to include much more writing than reading, write? I mean right?

Write.

No comments: