Thursday, January 6, 2011

Epiphany

I was hoping today for some sort of epiphany. And it didn't take long to find one. Just had to look at the calendar and see it! Now for sure the celebration of Christ's birth can just continue in our hearts -- and the artificial tree can come down.

But not until the weekend. I'm still hoping for some sort of an epiphany. Some striking observation that suddenly makes itself clear to me...

Will any of these count?

It dawned on me I may be spending too much time on my Netbook when my hubby chats with me from the next room... just to say "Go tuck your son in!"

It has become obvious to me that we are brainwashed in the Midwest when it comes to temperatures. If it's not below zero and the sun is out, it's a "nice" day!

I have come to dislike and be quite annoyed by that phrase, "It is what it is." I think because part of me wants to say, "Yes, but we can change IT!" Of course, the other part of me admits, "I hate that I have no power to change IT!" Grr.

It is indisputable that nothing is greater than love. To love someone so much you cry when you think of your life without them in it... that's powerful. (When an almost teenager has this epiphany about his parents, that's even more powerful!)

It's obvious that soul mates are one thing and soul "sisters" who understand the importance of GLEE, Cricuts, a good book and great hair are something else.

It has dawned on me that I can't live without either one.

I realized I will not be able to adore this new Schwan's man as much as the old one -- especially after he showed up empty-handed... without my Peppermint Stick ice cream (which will not be available for 10 months -- but who's counting?)!

I realized my New Year's "healthy eating" goal will go much better than last year... without Peppermint Stick ice cream.

I also see that without goals (not resolutions necessarily), we aren't going anywhere, not changing anything. This doesn't mean I can't be happy with who I am. It means I should be ecstatic about who I am! And see what I can do with these great gifts God has given me!

Now there's an epiphany.

No comments: