Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just Chillin'

From the time hubby got up at 4 a.m. to the time he landed in San Diego midday, he experienced an 80-degree temperature change. Lucky!

I think it got to the single digits above zero today but I don't know that it got much beyond that. It was deceivingly sunny. But nowhere near warm the few times I ventured out for church (8 a.m.) and grocery shopping (later). B-r-r!

It was a good day to be indoors anyway. With hubby gone, I am the only adult in the house so I get control of the remote! Unfortunately, there was nothing on today so Carter and I worked. He did several hours of homework (writing a paper) and I did several hours of work-work (editing, proofing and posting articles online). We both made some great progress.

Yes, we did catch about 15 minutes of a certain football game. But we didn't need to watch it. The phone started ringing off the hook just as we were about to sit down to our spaghetti and meatball supper. People (OK, family) just feel compelled to tell us the Packers won -- even though they didn't play the Vikings. So I'm not sure why we're supposed to care.

We do care that our loved ones are happy. So as I responded to one my "text-ual harrassments" on the phone, "Nothing matters more to me than your happiness." That's true. I knew at the end of today, for example, either my father would be happy or my father-in-law. I'm pretty sure you know LeRoy -- not John -- is the one who's dancing tonight (even with a cane)!

Between those calls and the weather report in California, I think the boy and I are just going to chill out the rest of the evening. We both have some reading to get done. And definitely have some sort of cool treat calling our name!

No comments: