Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love-Hate Relationships

I guess life would be boring if we always had normal, uneventful days. So hooray for not being bored ... I guess. And hooray for finding some good mixed in with the not-so-good parts of a day...

I love that for the second day in a row I have scored some cake with very yummy frosting. I hate that today it was because we are saying goodbye to friends who will no longer be with us in the workplace.

I love that my job is mostly online but we didn't have Internet access for 4 hours today. OK, that was a sarcastic "love." I really hated it -- but did find I could help out with some editing and proofing on paper. So that was good.

Hubby and I drove separately today so he could stay late and attend a goodbye party at the bowling alley in Scandinavia. I love that he was able to do that (seriously, no sarcasm) but hate that I had to drive in fresh, slippery snow. I really hate that!

I love that I was able to get Carter to his last (maybe) regular basketball game of the year on time, but hated that we were so behind schedule that it ended up being almost 8:30 when we got home (and still had to eat supper).

I love that with hubby gone, I still had a date tonight at the game (2 of them -- my father-in-law and brother-in-law)... but hated (well, disliked) that they couldn't have seen a better game.

We were ahead by 5 at halftime and lost by 12 or 14. Carter had 2 fouls so at least he was somewhat aggressive. And I don't think he minded the loss. Regardless, he still had 3 girl friends (2 words) there watching him!

I hate that the roads were crappy and slippery on the way home and I slid around a corner... but love, love, love that I am home safely. AND hubby gets to drive tomorrow!

Hope you found more things to love than hate today!

No comments: