Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Recreation

The 3 of us under this roof are not big fans of the cold and snow. Which means for about 6 months, maybe 8, we are not doing much in terms of recreation outside. Other than the sled run (which has not taken form this year).

So when big brother Casey offered to take Carter to Powers Bluff -- a winter recreation park northwest of Rapids -- we thought that was great. So the 2 of them and cousin Colin spent the afternoon there, tubing down a big hill, then not even breaking a sweat to climb back up. One, because it was only 15 degrees out. And two, because they have tow ropes there. Now that would have been nice for our Hedberg "sliding" parties back in the day.

I figured if they could brave the cold, I could, too. So I layered up and went for a run. I managed 4 miles without breaking a sweat. Well, a little, but only under my awesome Twins hat! So I guess I really did get in shape last night! Or maybe it was just 15 degrees out...

One of the indoor activities that I do enjoy in the winter is watching the award shows for television and movies. Tonight is the Golden Globes and in a few weeks, the Oscars will follow. I never really see any of the movies beforehand but I do know some of the actors and actresses. In tonight's case, a lot of the folks on some of my favorite shows (Glee, Mad Men, Modern Family, Big Bang, etc) are nominated.

So I plopped myself on the couch in my comfy sweats (which did not pass Red Carpet inspection) and am watching 3 hours of glitz and glamour. Something tells me I won't break a sweat doing this either.

Gotta love winter recreation!

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Thanks to Beth, I have recently discovered the Big Bang Theory, I LOVE IT!!