Friday, January 14, 2011

What's Your Sign?

For awhile there today, many of use were dealing with the unsettling news that our Zodiac "signs" were changing.

Apparently some shifts in the skies have been slightly astronomical but mostly astrological. We heard news that the dates that dictate our signs were now changing and, therefore, so were our signs. I was thinking I was changing from a Cancer to a Gemini, which would make sense since I'm a twin and all. But I sure would miss my built-in cranky excuse: "Hey, I'm a Crab!"

Thankfully, it won't impact most of us. I guess if we had read our horoscopes first, we'd know this, huh?

This new stuff (new to us, anyway) -- called Sidereal astrology -- looks to background stars and famous constellations as its guide. The branch of astrology that the horoscope writers turn to uses the zodiac (duh), which is based on our relationship to the sun, not the stars.

This makes sense now since I am sun-worshipper. However, though hubby and I are both Cancers, we don't put much stock in horoscopes anyway. I check mine out occasionally but Jim (shhh, don't tell him I told you) gets a daily Cancer Alert. When they are right on the money, so to speak, he forwards the email to me so I can see what we are up against for the day -- or perhaps what pleasant surprises are in store.

For some odd reason, they have been right on this week -- from work turmoil and changes to going away parties at bowling alleys (seriously).

Today is one we both liked: Get started on something new today, even if you haven't got the faintest clue what's coming up. Your energy is all about beginnings right now, and you can make almost anything happen if you want.

As usual, they do tend to state the obvious. But it's good to know the sun is shining down on our new endeavours. Whatever they may be.

I've got a few ideas but I'll wait until my horoscope suggests I share them.

No comments: