Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Technical Difficulties: Please Stand By

My day at work can be summed up in two words: technical difficulties. (If I had said one word, it would be: Hell.)

Just one of those days where the web sites I needed to work on and the ones our customers see were all either broken or sluggish or mysteriously presenting error messages. Needless to say, I didn't even get past the first item on my long list of things that MUST get done Tuesday and Wednesday!

I told the guys at work they are lucky I am coming off a long break and starting with a zero stress level. Otherwise, I might have screamed today -- or at a minimum, knocked the computer around to show him who's boss! Ugh.

So we were looking forward to some hoops action tonight to take our minds off of that and other troubles brewing at work. Carter doesn't play until Thursday so tonight we got to watch our nephew Colin play. They didn't win, but it was nice to sit with the Austin clan and cheer him on.

Between the JV and Varsity games, Carter played in the pep band. Well, he tried anyway. All of a sudden I look up and he's not on the stage. I look at hubby and say, "Uh-oh." I ended up meeting Carter in the hallway by the stage. He looked a bit pale and said he didn't feel well at all and that his stomach hurt. At least he didn't faint!

We sat down on the bleachers a bit but then he really wanted to go home so we left. (Jim will get a ride home with his sister after the varsity game is done.) I had Carter shower and go to bed.

I don't know what the deal is. I fear this is becoming a head game where Carter is just afraid he'll pass out and embarrass himself so he gets himself worked up and almost does! He has played in pep band a few times already and loves it so it's not like he has stage fright. I don't know. I just think he's psyching himself out. But I'm not sure how to solve that. (I don't exactly have credentials in the mental health area. Ha.)

I suppose I better go check on him, 'cause that's what moms do! When our children are experiencing "technical difficulties," we still have to stand by them... even when we can't fix things!

No comments: